Email explaination

If you don't have a Google Account, type your email address below and subscribe to my blog that way.

Monday, February 24, 2014

I am going to do something different tonite. This is for my Mama...
I used my phone camera so the pictures aren't great but I wanted to share the recipe with her.

Tonite I made Smothered Pork Chops. I started with two thick cut, bone in chops. I dredged them in a thin coat of flour, Lawry's, Garlic salt, and pepper. Then fried them up in oil just til the outside was brown, the meat is still raw. Then I pulled them off.


In the oil, add a whole onion sliced very thin and cut into half-rings. Cook til brown but not transparent.


Then I added the remaining flour I had from my dredge and stirred to make a roux.


I added about 4 cups of beef broth. I make my own using Better Than Bouillon paste.


You want it thin but well blended. Now throw the pork chops on top and don't stir.



Put a lid on it and turn the heat down to a simmer for an hour. Don't touch it, don't stir it, leave it alone.


We got so excited and were so hungry I forgot to take a final picture but they were soooo delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment